October 25, 2011

On a Lighter Note...

This evening, as I usually do around 6 o'clock at night, I took Jake out of his highchair concluding dinner and... waited for him to "poop in his pants" (aka diaper). Yep, after dinner WAS bath time, but after several poopy bath incidents we have made after dinner time "wait for Jake to poop time". Ridiculous? Maybe, but after bathing my son only to see his face turn red and the water turn brow...we adjusted the schedule. So, we wait. Once the mission was accomplished we dashed for the bathroom and proceed with our nightly routine. This evening happened to be memorable. As bath time was rounding up its final minutes and the last of Jake's bath water dribbled down the drain I looked at Jake who was sitting legs stretched out in front and looking down at his "wee wee". And then...a stream of yellow urine came out like a water gun. Jake screamed in fear, stood up in the tub, and reached for me to save him. I realized that it was the first time he had actually seen himself "go". I wrapped my arms around his drenched little body, patting his bottom, assuring him over and over that it was going to be okay.

Realizing there most likely isn't a place in our baby book for "baby's first tinkle scare" I thought it should certainly be recorded here.

No comments:

Post a Comment