January 17, 2012

SUPER WHY!

Nana kindly pointed out to me that in my last post I forgot to mention a very important word that Jake has been saying for quite awhile now!  That words is BIBLE!  In addition, he has been saying BABY allot too.  We were just at the doctor's office the other day and he was sure to point out to me every baby in the room.  When did he stop being the baby?

So, as much as I hate to admit it, I do find myself plopping my handful of a toddler infront of the tv at times.  PBS Kids is my channel of choice.  There is a show on this channel called Super Why.  I thought it was much too old for Jake because the characters read a story and fix things in the story to make it better.  They do this by sounding out letters and making words.  The other day, I saw Jake watching and he was saying "pah, pah, pah, pee"!  I looked at the tv and they were teaching the letter "p".  So, I am giving some credit to this show in helping my little guy learn to make new sounds so he can expand that ever so wild vocabulary.  Until next time...

Super Why to the Rescue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment