January 16, 2012

16 & 17 Months

My goodness...where does the time go!  It is honestly difficult to sit down and create a monthly update by age!  Guess I need to catch up at some point so, here it goes...

Jake had his 15 month checkup at 16 months because a cold virus hit our house and stayed!  The three of us passed it back and forth for way too long.  Jake was pretty average all around with the exception of his height...yep, he's tall!  It is so funny to me.  His 18 month pants are exactly the right length - meaning, they won't fit next week.  I don't know where he got this gene!

Jake is the sweetest little guy; sharing hugs and kisses constantly.  He is also wild at the same time; tossing anything he can get his hands on and "talking" at the top of his lungs.  He is a ham to say the least.  Jake does not meet a stranger.  If he is ever shy it only lasts seconds and that is rare.  He still loves for everyone to clap for him.  I am curious why he needs so much approval and to have everyone proud of him - and then I realize he MAY just like to see that he can control the room. HA!

Jake Can...
crawl up the stairs
walk up the stairs with help
get off the couch and bed by himself
reach a doorknob (YIKES!)
stomp his feet, clap hands, and turn around when asked to
"roll the cake" in patty cake and "turn the wheels" in the wheels on the bus
dance (especially to Thomas the Train)
when he watches tv or hears us talk he often tries to sound out parts of the words we say


Jake's Vocabulary...
up, dog, fish, boo, cookie, daddy, mama, nana, bebe, duck/truck "uk", wow, ostrage "ost-ige", please, eyes, and probably a handful more that I cannot think of of the top of my head...  This is one of the neatest phases to me.  I find it so interesting to watch him learn and pick things up.

17 MONTHS
16 MONTHS

No comments:

Post a Comment