March 9, 2012

Get It Together Mama

This week was a busy one considering Jake had a cold and missed MMO both Monday and Wednesday.  I have enjoyed our extra quality time this week, but by the end of the week I'm sure my choice of clothes, frizzy hair, and lack of makeup made a statement that I was nearly out of gas.

Nonetheless, I managed to pull it together and make our Friday playdate with our sweet friends Shelby and Elise.  We ventured to the Rock Hill Children's Museum followed with a lovely lunch.  (Jake's delightful lunchtime behavior is another story.)  The RH Children's Museum is one of my favorite places to take Jake at this age.  It is small enough that I don't feel a constant need to follow him around, but also large enough to keep him entertained.

After being there a while I took Jake to the restroom to change his diaper.  Diaper changes are an event in themselves at this stage not to mention in an unfamiliar place.  Jake was not about to lie down on the changing table.  After trying twice I knew it was going to be one of those "standing diaper changes".  Lets just say that is a pain in the rear (no pun intended) when your child has left you a "poop poop" (as we call it).  After the dramatic diaper change that took nearly forever we headed back in for more fun.  I put Jake down and he ran straight for play...LIKE THIS...


Yep, that's MY kid.  No fault of his own that he doesn't have it together today. hahaha!  You might be thinking, "Jennifer, that looks like your home and not a museum."  Why yes, yes it is.  That is because I did it a second time later that day.  Good grief!

As my friend Mary likes to say... I think I'll kick my feet up tonight and have a "sip".

No comments:

Post a Comment