September 18, 2013

Melt My Heart

Tonight, after a reoccurring arguement about bath time, with Jake, things finally settled down.  I got him dry and tucked in for bed, read a couple of books and said our nightly prayer.  After prayer he randomly starts this one on his own...

"Thank you Lord for what you've given me,
The sun and the rain and the appleseed,
Yes the Lord has been good to me."

Now, I don't know if I got all the words right, but this is what I gathered from his sweet voice. So, I say "thank you Lord for sweet calmings after bath time storms and thank you Ms. Catherine and Ms. Jean-Marie for teaching my boy this sweet prayer."

Afterwards, he finally tried to show me "criss cross applesauce" and admitted he needed help learning it.  He was so happy when he succeeded.  I promised to help him every night until school next Monday.  Oh how he is growing!

Love you sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment