September 18, 2013

Our Day Thus Far

What a beautiful day!  The weather is cooling down in Charlotte and I couldn't be happier!  I have been slowing reintroducing fall decorations and smells into our home.  Ahhh, the change of seasons is so motivating!  That reminds me that it's time to take down the hand and feet paintings of fish and lobsters that Jake made last year and put up some seasonal kid art!

Speaking of decor I have to share this cute halloween door idea I found in a recent Parent's magazine.  Isn't it cute?  I mean, if you can get past your cute Etsy must have or fancy Pinterest must do this year wouldn't this be a picker?  Don't get me wrong, I just bought bows on Etsy and am working on Pinterest teacher gifts, but this season I think our door will satisfy Jake and his pals more than my sometimes fancy pants taste.  :)

This is made with what looks like felt and different sized paper plates!



While I'm on a kick for sharing I have to introduce these books if you haven't heard of them...the Pete the Cat books by Eric Litwin.  They are a new favorite that I love reading with Jake.  I'd say they are good for about 2 1/2 up to maybe 5.  Jake's Uncle Perry, Aunt Mary Beth, and cousin Allie bought him Pete the Cat: I Love my White Shoes for his birthday.  It was a hit so I purchased Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons at the school's Book Fair and love it as well!  Here is a glimpse if you want to check them out!




Moving right along...

Today was hat day at Jake's preschool and I set out every hat he owns for his choosing.  I preferred his sweet little Citadel ball cap, but he chose his beaten up, over played with red cowboy hat.  Boy was he cute though!  So, I sent this little cowboy off to school.

Had to show this cutie off extra big!


When I picked him back up I had myself a...

Monkey!


While Jake was at school I did plenty of chores and then found myself feeding this cutie in her room which I spend way too little time enjoying while...get this...listening to a classical lullaby cd.  I don't know how that happened, but it was a relaxing and sweet fifteen minutes that I will now commit to doing on some sort of regular basis.  I'm not saying how often, because when I break a commitment to myself no matter how small it's beyond frustrating.  So, we'll just say I'll do this more often while I can hold her close.



That was our simple day thus far.  Just because this week has been a great one that doesn't mean all is perfect in our household.  Yesterday, my husband pointed out that I sent Jake to school with mismatched socks.  I also overheard the little stinker tell dad that he loved us all, but he loves him best.  So, no matter how many good things I find to jot down there are always a few little kickers that I'd rather not remember.  Just a reminder that no home is a perfect home!


No comments:

Post a Comment